Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who’s That Girl by Alexandra Potter

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing



Synopsis

If only you knew then what you know now...

Imagine if you could go back ten years and meet your younger self -- would you recognise her?
And what advice would you give?

Wear sunscreen!

Back away from those PVC trousers?

DON'T give that idiot your phone number?

Lemon juice won't bleach your hair -- it just attracts wasps...

He's the one - don't let him go!

For Charlotte Merryweather, there's no need to imagine. She's about to find out for real. With surprising consequences... Alexandra Potter's deliciously funny and enchanting romantic comedy looks at life, love and what might happen if you could turn back time.

What is it all about?
The synopsis seems to have spelt it all out; and that was all in a nutshell to this book as we follow the bone-tickling antics of our protagonist as she meets her younger 20-year old self; an incident she initially thought was an object of her hallucination/stress or a result of a possible brain tumor.
When she realized that she was given a second chance to meet her younger self (who doesn’t seem to recognize her older self) for real, she tried to hand out advices to the younger one and found herself dealing with dilemmas and issues of her own at her age and realized that everything in the past moulded her into someone she is at the moment.

My Opinion
This book got me by the interesting and catchy prelude written at the back of the book and I knew I just had to get my hands on it and read it.

I love this book for the quirky and witty lines running through the mouths of the characters; mainly of the main protagonist; Charlotte Merryweather who was just a living example of a woman in the 21st century with a great sense of humor. I loved the wonderful and the wicked sense of humor in all her thoughts and words.
I think I found it ticklish to the bone and I remembered laughing so hard that it hurts when I was reading this on my bed and I just could not stop laughing. I don’t think it helped for my insomnia and God forbid that my housemate thought that I was out of my mind. Truly, those lines were just so entertaining that you no longer need the tv series or tv to impress you =)

I would have preferred if there were more scenes of the 20-year old Charlotte Merryweather and her antics; with the current 32-year old intercepting into her life without much avail.

If I were the author, I would just insert more parts about Charlotte Merryweather’s 20-year old self and the funny mistakes that could make the 32-year old gag and try to change.

My Conclusion/Verdict:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book and this book made me start on a mission to track every single book by the same author and she has officially became my favorite author as well!

I give this book a 8 out of 10! =)
(Officially a book which has landed on my ‘Favorite books’ shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment