Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Daughters of Cain by Colin Dexter

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing


A New Inspector Morse novel; which I found very disappointing.
I was looking forward for a twist in a crime story; suspense, excitement, mystery and all that we can look for in a detective novel and this was nothing that could even get me there.

The writer writes in a rather monotonous way and I find the depiction of Inspector Morse who is ironically supposed to be the protagonist in the story, really ridiculous.
There is an air of confusion and somehow this Inspector Morse did not earn the respect and admiration of readers but rather just left me wondering, how absurd can a detective get?
The dialogues are uninteresting and uninspiring and not a book that will keep the pages turning.
The plot itself is simple and not much twists of agony to depict an intelligent crime in the making. The motives and even the way the murder was committed was just plain and it didn't take much of a guess.

If you want a good mystery/crime/detective novel, I definitely do not recommend this book.

I don't usually not recommend any book; since I just love reading. But this was not my cup of tea, definitely

No comments:

Post a Comment