Monday, April 20, 2009

Books I have read

Welcome to another new blog of mine; which I should have started long ago, to pen down all my thoughts and inspiring stories which I have read since I have learnt the chronology of ABC.

I have read numerous books, and am still enjoying reading to this very day.
Books, as I have termed, are my vital soulmates; and reading is something which I consider a very solitary activity which I love to curl up in a corner and just read and read like there's no tomorrow.

To be able to write to command a reader's interest and to be able to 'feel' the characters and the flow of the story is the capability of the writer
To be able to read, enjoy and be in the character's shoes is the enjoyable art of the reader

Having read countless books in my journey, I have been intrigued by authors like Enid Blyton, who was truly the Queen of Children's stories as she was known. She is truly an inspiring figure of imagination and creativity and I have always enjoyed reading her books; even till this day.
At the same time, I shall not forget the classics of Charles Dickens, a truly descriptive writer who never fails to impress me with his way with the words; from he describes a boy standing there to the point that you can picture him down to every single detail that he seemed to be really standing right in front of you.
Marvellous writer; and indeed a great choice for a literature reading.

Speaking of classics, one shall not forget the names of William Shakespeare who seem to be the king of classics after all, and all the wonderful writings of classics, namely; Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, The Taming of the Shrew, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Othello, Twelfth Night, The Merchant of Venice, and many more, works of the articulate writer.

Enter the classical romance genre, we have the works of the Bronte Sisters; Charlotte and Emily Bronte who have given birth to the wonderful Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights which have never failed to touched the heart of each of us; to the warmth of hope of the existence of true love.
That includes the works of Jane Austen who is also one of my favorite writers

I have enjoyed many more classics; which include all the adventures and island stories such as Treasure Island, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Gulliver's Travel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Anne and the Green Gables, The Wizard of Oz, Black Beauty, The Wind in the Willows, and many more lovely titles from that shelf.

Exploring into other genres such as mystery and thrillers, we have the big names of Agatha Christie to boast of. She is one of the very best, in my humble opinion, with her careful thought into planning each of the little plots and the actual murder culprit. I am and will always be intrigued by her imaginative mind which just blows you off with a total surprise. My favorite character is Hercule Poirot (who doesn't like him anyway:)
Then there's Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and also Alfred Hitchcock's stories which were slightly more towards the children's mysteries.

Contemporary and modern writers who explore the women's heart are Danielle Steel, Sophie Kinsella, Amy Tan, Lauren Weisberger, Meg Cabot, Sidney Sheldon, Nora Roberts, etc.
There's also wonderful authors like Jodi Picoult, Mary Higgins Clark, J.K Rowling, C.S Lewis, Georges Simenon,R.L Stine, Christopher Pike, etc

I have so many authors and books that I could not possibly list them all down here; and I will share along the way in my blog; which I am really looking forward to..GEE!

It makes me feel so happy and I can't wait to start sharing on my books or books I have read from everywhere, of course, my shelves!
My books/reviews will be categorized according to the genre and the authors, hopefully you will be able to find something you like in the future, once the blog is running fast:)

Enjoy reading 'From my shelves' and hope I get some good recommendations from everyone on probably many books I have yet to read.

Reading opens the window to our soul *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment